PAN-SeAred ASpaRagus SalaD With Frisée and Fried Egg

Here is a nice variation on the old combination of eggs and asparagus. This is a twist on a staple bistro, frisee aux lardons, with sauteed asparagus stand in for bacon lardons. It is mixed with frisee and spicy garlic sauce mixed with a little anchovy. Then, in place of the usual hard-boiled eggs located in curly frisee leaves, fry eggs until edges are crisp and brown. This adds to the feel vaguely baconlike for salad, meatless.

Asparagus and Eggs Take Center Stage


ASPARAGUS and eggs have an affinity for each other. Yellow excite grassy sharpness soften and vegetables, while asparagus brightens dull egg wealth.

The most classic expression of the couple is asparagus hollandaise, a dish I liked. But it was fussy and time consuming, and you end up with a side dish rather than dinner.

The asparagus season, I was so hungry for the purple-tipped rod that I want them to be my food and not just accompanying. So I created three recipes celebrating asparagus and egg large enough to serve as a main course but still mild and spring-like

PAN-SeAred ASpaRagus SalaD With Frisée and Fried Egg

For the first course, I prepare asparagus as my favorite salmon recipes, with vegetable stand in for the fish. I roast rods in a hot oven, then topped them with diced boiled eggs, melted butter and a sprinkling of coarse sea salt mixed with black and white sesame seeds for crunch and nutty flavor.


Asparagus roasting intensifies the flavor and caramelizes it, making it warm enough dishes to serve for lunch or a light dinner without wondering where the fish was gone. That said, it's pretty easy to slide a piece of salmon to the pan asparagus and roast it at the same time, if you like.

For lunch a few days later, I wanted a salad based staple bistro, frisee aux lardons. However, instead of using bacon lardons, I sauteed asparagus and mixed with frisee and spicy garlic sauce mixed with a little anchovy. Then, in place of the usual hard-boiled eggs located in curly frisee leaves, I fry the eggs until edges are crisp and brown, which adds nuance vague baconlike without meat.

Then I got the idea to add the eggs to the saute pan round dark green asparagus and leek pasty. Scramble some eggs right into a pot would be the easiest option, and I am sure it will be lovely. But instead, I poured on a simple egg custard and baked it until thick and set only on the firm side fluids.

subtle smoothness that reminds me of asparagus hollandaise, interpreted in a new way.

0 comments